What’s ahead for NABGC in 2024?
We have a full programme of events coming up in 2024 and you can now find the following joining instructions on our website:
- Essex / NABGC Cross-Country and Boxing Challenge taking place on Saturday 3rd February 2024. Please click here.
- NABGC National 5-a-side Tournament taking place in Huddersfield on Saturday 1st June 2024. Please click here.
- Essex Adventure Weekend taking place on the weekend of 21st June 2024. Please click here.
Keep an eye on your inbox and on our website as details of more events and activities become available.
Upcoming Teams Together Meetings
We are also developing a great programme of monthly “NABGC Teams Together Meetings” for 2024. Here are those that we can confirm for the next few months. Please block out your diary’s – the Teams links will follow soon.
- Tuesday 6th February at 2.30pm. Kirk Dominick – The Donor Lifecycle. The link has already been circulated for this one but will be sent again by way of a reminder.
- Tuesday 12th March at 2.30pm. Darcy Weaver – AMAZE International. Darcy will tell us about the FREE resources from Amaze International and the work they do across the globe and as a trusted partner of the World Federation of Youth Clubs. Link to be circulated soon
- Tuesday 9th April at 2pm. We will be joined by a member of staff from the DCMS who will provide us with a government / DCMS update. Link to be circulated.
- Tuesday 7th May at 2pm. We will be joined by Jo Lane from Easyfundraising who will let us know how we can raise free funds through our everyday online shopping and purchases.
NABGC Boxing – PLEASE NOTE
Please be aware of small but significant change with regards to boxing entry fees for 2024.
The entry fee for boxers has, for many years, been £5 per boxer. Strictly speaking this fee should have been forwarded on to NABGC, however, we have never collected them. From 2024 onwards we plan to invoice counties for these fees for boxers progressing beyond the local rounds – ¼ finals onwards.
Our advice, therefore, is that counties charge £10 per boxer to enter. Please note that other championships are £10/15 per boxer and as such NABGC entry fees are in line with other championships.
World Federation of Youth Clubs – Leadership Institute dates released
Building on the success of last year’s event the World Federation of Youth Clubs are once again hosting the WFYC Leadership Institute in 2024. Again, it will run alongside the Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s (BGCA) National Conference.
The WFYC Leadership Institute will run from Monday 13th to Wednesday 15th May 2024 with the BGCA National Conference beginning Wednesday 15th May and running through to the 17th May.
The event will be taking place in Atlanta Georgia at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, 265 Peachtree Centre Avenue.
You can book your place at the WFYC Leadership Institute by clicking here.
Club First Insurance Scheme
As the time of year approaches where many organisations and youth clubs when they are required to renew their insurance, why not contact Berns Brett Insurance to see if they can provide a competitive quote through their NABGC Club First Insurance Scheme.
You can find out more about the scheme by clicking here or by phoning Andrew Reeves on 0208 559 2111.
If you have any news that you would like to share around the NABGC network, please let me know and email the details.